I recently started a list of tips for my Brides and Grooms to help their pictures be a little better. I send this out to them 2 weeks before the wedding and then again 2 days before.
This applies to all B&G’s regardless of who your photographer is, it’s something you can do to make you look better in pictures. I know these are all tough and it’s a party but even doing a few of these…if only a little… will help.
- Don’t experiment with haircuts, hairstyles or make-up on wedding day. Make sure you have tried it out well in advance and have time to recover from any major catastrophes
- Watch your sun exposure! Too much sun and you will look very red and maybe even blotchy. There is nothing makeup or photoshop can do about it. Use sun screen. Also, don’t wear a hat and then get sun on your body as this will cause your face to be white and your body to be red or tan. This will not look good in your pictures.
- Go easy on the drinks! This is probably the toughest one to follow but alcohol will bloat you… especially the red, frothy, sugar laden umbrella havin’ kind.
- Of course this follows the drinking one – drink plenty of water. Contrary to popular belief water will not bloat you, it will clean your system out and help your skin. Drink 10 pints a day the week leading up to your wedding.
- Get some sleep. Load up on your sleep the week prior to your wedding and make sure you turn in early enough before your wedding. It is a crazy long day and you will need your rest if you plan on dancing past midnight.
- Take Emergen-C or some other vitamin c beverage before you go to sleep the night before your wedding and another one when you wake up. Make sure it has some potassium as well.
- Keep your crew hydrated! …..with water in case you though I meant tequila. Put water in their room and while you are at it, add a few packs of Advil and some Emergen-c
- If you are going to drink a truckload stick with lighter cleaner burning booze like vodka and tonic. Stay away from too much sugar or wine or you will feel like S#%T the next day. My personal recommendation is a NorCal Margarita (tequila, club soda (soda water) and a ton of fresh lime.)
- Easy on salt, yup it will bloat you. Stick to salads and vegetables as much as possible.
- Easy on White Foods: This probably goes without saying but white foods have way too much salt and sugar and will cause you to bloat. I would avoid them 2 weeks prior to your wedding, you will feel way better on wedding day!
Feel free to comment away on other tips!